The master, Kevin Aucoin’s iconic makeup looks were made famous by the first ‘Supermodels’ and 90’s muses: Naomi, Christy, Cindy, Linda, Helena and Kate. His work was a flawless nod to the old Hollywood perfection. Matt complexions were contoured – nay, sculpted - in the most refined way. Seeing his work for the first time cemented my love for the art of makeup.
The hottest looks oozed an understated and effortlessly cool vibe. It said, “Yes I look sexy as hell” and at the same time, “Don’t get so excited, it’s just a little makeup.”
90’s beauty was all about matt, brown lips and earth tones. As a teenager, I was obsessed with brands like Red Earth and Australis, Poppy King’s iconic nude lipsticks, with cork eyeshadow and a terracotta blush. I would complete the look with Calvins and a baby t-shirt and I was good to go.
As an ode to the 90’s cool vibe, this look is relatively effortless. All you need is a good foundation, some basic nude shades of shadow, brown eyeliner and brown lip. And there you go – instant 90’s nonchalance. Now just to find those Calvins…
PRODUCTS USED IN THIS VIDEO in order of application:
- Make Up Forever Hydrating Primer
- Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Fluid Makeup #50
- Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Powder #30
- By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Concealer #4 Medium Peach
- It cosmetics YBBB your brows but better skinny pencil
- Illamasqua Vintage Metallix #Embellish
- Kat Von D beauty shade & light palette
- MAC Cosmetics Eye Khol #Teddy
- Benefit cosmetics they’re real mascara
- Anastasia Beverly hills contour kit #light to medium
- CK Lip Definition #Warm up
- NYX Soft Matt Lip Cream #09 Abu Dhabi
- Models Prefer MPA104 Airbrush Concealer
- Real Techniques Powder
- Real Techniques Multi-task
- Models Prefer MPP120 Crease
- Crown Brushes C330 Blending Crease
- 14 VC Professional
Keep it SIMPLE, LUMINOUS and NATURAL and feel good in your own skin! #SkinFIT2016.
Thanks so much for watching! I'd love to hear what you think and what you want to see!
CONNECT WITH ME -
- BLOG :: http://www.themakeupbytammi.com/blog
- FACEBOOK :: https://www.facebook.com/themakeupbytammi/
- INSTAGRAM :: https://www.instagram.com/themakeupbytammi/
- WEBSITE :: http://www.themakeupbytammi.com/blog
- Song: Miles of Prints
- Artist: Joe Bagale